May 26, 2017
This blog is not simply a personal mental health journal but a recording of a dream in the making. These are my own words about my struggles and achievements after losing the love of my life. While building a brand, business, and finding myself again.
Vision Board Goals:
- Create a Youtube channel documenting opening my business as young black millennial.
- Gain a client base of inspired individuals who believe in our company’s vision on health.
- Quit my job in 3 months to a year. Juggle part-time entrepreneurship while working.
- WRITE MORE (articles, Harrison’s story, My story)
- Offer a guide on the ins and outs of starting a business for millennials who have no idea where to start.
Find time to travel, find time to paint, find time for photography. Be consistent with therapy/psychiatry. Be unashamed and open with struggles with mental health.
Reading these words almost a year later as I transfer my writing to a new medium is insightful. I believe that the most noble subject to study will always be one’s self. Often times when I am wrapped up in the grind of my day, I forget to think about how far I’ve come.
I have created my YouTube channel. Although I only have one video up, I am editing my second.
I’ve quit my job! You ever have a never-ending distaste for something that has been a part of the human experience for centuries? Well for me that thing is working for other people. More specifically having other people tell me what to do for less than $50 an hour. You know it’s funny how much clarity instructions and deadlines have when someone is paying me what my time is truly worth. In other words, I’ve known since I’ve started in the workforce that I was going to be my own boss.
The accomplishment I am most proud of is my writing. Taking the musing of an imaginative mind with an affinity towards complex diction to a larger platform on this blog has been a dream. I cannot wait to expand my writing portfolio with more published features and start to process of that novel.